Bhairvi Trivedi was awarded a Luther Rice Fellowship for the 2014-15 academic year. The lab congratulates her on this impressive achievement!
Bhairvi Trivedi received an award from the Undergraduate Research Enhancement Fund (UREF) for Spring 2014. Congratulations, Bhairvi!
Whitley Lucio presented a poster on Executive function and the asymmetry between children's language production and comprehension at the Cognitive Development Society 2013 conference in Memphis, TN.
- Dr. Silvio P. Eberhardt, Research Associate Professor has begun a collaboration with Dr.
- November 2-3 is the COSSA annual meeting (Consortium of Social Science Associations) here in Washington, DC.
- Free Seminar - To celebrate Audiology Awareness Month, the Audiologists will be offering a free seminar on hearing aid technology and Bluetooth compatibility.
September 22: "Application of Acoustics to Communication” featuring Drs. Adrienne Hancock, Sheila Stager, and Edward Auer. Dr.
- Dr. Adrienne Hancock presented “Acoustic and Aerodynamic Analysis of Transgender Voice” at the Acoustical Society of America Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
- Dr. Purcell-Robertson will do 3 presentations at the Speech-Language-Hearing Association of VA conference in March. The presentations are: Leadership, Change and Growth: Empowerment for SLPs in the Schools with Dr. Michele Wiley, Therapeutic Implications for Disordered Language From Research on Language Evolution with Dr. Martin Lenhardt, and Clinical Fellowship in Public Schools: Preparation, Expectations, Reality with Gayle Daly, Rachel Weinberg and Christine Ristano.
- Professor Sarah Holden will accompany second year graduate students to EL Haynes Public Charter School in DC to provide free preschool speech, language and literacy screenings.
- Dr. Rita Purcell-Robertson has been named as a Practitioner Member of the Council for Academic Accreditation for a term of 2011-2014. She attended her first CAA meeting at ASHA in February.