Support Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences
Gifts to the Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences support student and faculty research and travel, as well as fellowships and enrichment activities, including visiting faculty lectures and symposia.
Every gift, large or small, furthers our educational mission and cements the Columbian College’s standing as one of the nation’s preeminent liberal arts colleges.
Ways to Give
- Give online through our secure donation page to the SLHS Department or to a specific fund.
- Mail your check, made out to the George Washington University and with “Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Department” or another fund of choice in the memo line, to
The George Washington University
P.O. Box 98131
Washington, DC 20077-9756
- Call the GW Division of Development and Alumni Relations at 1-800-789-2611 to make a donation by phone.
Choose a Fund
- The Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Department Fund
The general fund for all gifts to the department.
- The Speech, Language and Hearing Education and Research Fund
Promote the clinical training of SLHS students.
- The Speech Language Pathology Graduate Scholarship Fund
Give scholarship money to SLHS graduate students.
- The Joan Roddy Regnell Fund of the GWU Speech, Language and Hearing Center
Support graduate fellowships in memory of the late Professor Joan Regnell.
- The Diane Brewer Leadership Award
Recognize graduate students who have exemplified Professor Emeritus Diane Brewer's commitment to professional leadership, academic excellence and helping others. Note fund name in comments when donating online.
- The James W. Hillis Undergraduate Student Leadership Award
Recognize outstanding senior undergraduate students who display qualities of true leaders in the field of speech-language pathology. Note fund name in comments when donating online.
- Harriet Green Kopp Graduate Fellowship
Support graduate students who plan to work with deaf and hard-of-hearing clients, in memory of Professor Emeritus Harriet Green Kopp. Note fund name in comments when donating online.